DiGiGrid MGB Coaxial MADI SoundGrid Audio Interface
- Coaxial (BNC) MADI-to-SoundGrid Interface
- Up to 128 channels
- Record to two computers simultaneously
- Super low-latency: 0.8 milliseconds
- Connect with one Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/6)
- Run hundreds of real-time plugins (SoundGrid DSP Server and 1GB switch sold separately)
- ASIO & Core Audio compliant
£1,380.00 inc. VAT @ 20%
We ship products throughout the UK, Ireland & Europe and offer the following delivery options:
Small items under £99 - £2.95 via Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Mail
Standard 2 to 3 working days - under £99 = £4.95 / over £99 = FREE
Quicker 1 to 2 working days - under £249 = £6.95 / over £249 = FREE
Ireland delivery is a flat rate of £12.00 for a 2 to 3 working day service via courier.
The rest of Europe is a flat rate of £17.50 for a 2 to 3 working day service via DHL Air.
Orders placed before 2pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) will be
despatched same day and therefore will arrive either next working day or
2 working days later depending on service chosen.
Let Your Ears Decide!
of REV33 towards your hearing protection while listening to
Compact and portable, the DiGiGrid MGB interface lets you plug any coaxial MADI-enabled device into the power of the Waves SoundGrid networking and processing platform. Record, process and playback up to 128 audio channels, using literally hundreds of Waves and third-party plugins, with super-low latency, clocking in at only 0.8 milliseconds! You can even record to two computers simultaneously: One for virtual soundcheck, the other for backup. So if you’re on the tour bus, in your hotel room, at the airport – wherever – you can quickly and conveniently setup your next show, using only your laptop.
With a DiGiGrid MGB MADI-to-SoundGrid interface, real-time low-latency networking and processing is only an Ethernet cable away.
Plug the MGB straight into your computer to record up to 128 channels with simultaneous playback of 128 channels. Add a SoundGrid DSP server and DiGiGrid SWI network switch plus Waves MultiRack SoundGrid host application, and your MADI-compatible live or broadcast console now has real-time low-latency processing capabilities. And if you require a higher level of audio quality, a simple configuration change switches the MGB to 96kHz, for 64 channels of recording and 64 channels of simultaneous playback.
- MADI Coaxial I/O (BNC)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- 112/128 channel I/O @ 48kHz
- 56/64 channel I/O @ 96kHz
- 56 and 64 channel mode support
- Supports double wire (48k frame) and single wire (96k frame) @ 96kHz
- Clock Synchronization via Word Clock input, MADI (Port 1 or 2), SoundGrid (Sync over Ethernet), Internal
- 1 SoundGrid RJ45 Ethernet port
- Reset switch
- DiGiCo Stage Rack channel 57 support
The MGB installer includes the relevant drivers and software for your unit: the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver, the SoundGrid Studio Application, the eMotion ST mixer, StudioRack, and the MGB Control Panel.
DiGiGrid MGB Comes with the Complete Soundgrid Studio System Software by Waves
The SoundGrid Studio System is the next generation of sound technology. It is a real-time processing and networking platform designed to bring your studio up to light speed. It allows your DAW to offload its plugin processing to a SoundGrid DSP server and enables your devices to communicate with one another and with the devices of the facilities you work with. The SoundGrid Studio System integrates seamlessly with all DAWs and DiGiGrid (or other SoundGrid-compatible) I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size—from a single DAW with one DiGiGrid I/O, to an entire network of host computers, I/Os, and SoundGrid DSP servers.
The SoundGrid Studio System Gives You the Power to Do More
- Real-Time Processing – Run hundreds of plugins simultaneously.
- Low-Latency Monitoring – Track and rehearse with full-on plugins in near-zero latency
- Networking – Connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub.
- Seamless Integration – Connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver
- Open Architecture – Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins.
SoundGrid Studio System Software Components
- SoundGrid Studio Application – For managing the SoundGrid network on your host computer.
- eMotion ST Mixer – Runs plugins in real time for recording, mixing and low-latency monitoring when tracking and rehearsing.
- StudioRack – For running plugin chains, saving and loading their presets, and offloading their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server.
- SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio – Connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O.
SoundGrid Studio Application
The SoundGrid Studio Application is your tool for managing all software and hardware connected to the SoundGrid network. With its dynamic I/O mapping ability, the SoundGrid Studio Application lets you configure your SoundGrid network, manage its various components, and set up any combination of drivers and SoundGrid-compatible devices. It also enables I/O sharing between several computers, allowing you to manage their resources from your host computer.
The SoundGrid Studio Application enables you to:
- Configure your SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver and DiGiGrid I/Os. (Auto-configuration Wizard available.)
- Process, mix and monitor in real time (together with StudioRack and the eMotion ST mixer).
- Connect and patch multiple hardware devices and software I/Os.
- Stream audio from and to multiple host computers running different DAWs.
- Create and save your own configuration templates.
- Access the DiGiGrid I/O Control Panel for controlling the I/O’s parameters
eMotion ST Mixer
eMotion ST is the mixer part of the SoundGrid Studio System. Combined with StudioRack, it lets you run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring, giving you complex monitor mixing options while recording with your DAW.
eMotion ST is a high-quality mixer with 8 multi-purpose inputs, 64 additional StudioRack input channels, 2 FX busses, 6 mix busses, and a main stereo mix. Since the mixer operates within the SoundGrid network, any DiGiGrid I/O or any available SoundGrid-compatible I/O device, whether hardware or driver-based, can provide it with inputs and outputs.
The eMotion ST mixer can run hundreds of Waves and third-party SoundGrid-compatible plugins in low latency, replacing in this respect the external mixer traditionally used to create monitor mixes for studios and headphones.
- 8 multi-purpose mono/stereo input channels
- 2 stereo FX aux buss/returns and 6 stereo aux buss/returns
- Up to 64 mono channel feeds from StudioRack plugins
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins
- Connects to multiple DiGiGrid I/Os and other SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts
- Compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins
- Fully integrates with StudioRack
- Enables use of SoundGrid plugins as standalone processors for any purpose
- Requires at least one DiGiGrid I/O and a SoundGrid DSP server
StudioRack is a software rack dedicated to running plugin chains. The processing of each chain can then be directed to your host computer’s CPU or to a SoundGrid DSP server, as you choose. When you process your plugin chains on the SoundGrid server, StudioRack lets you monitor your tracks in extremely low latency via the eMotion ST mixer.
- Compatible with most popular DAWs
- Plugin chains are processed on local CPU or SoundGrid DSP server
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins
- Enables monitoring in super-low latency
- Up to 8 plugins per rack
- Fully automatable
- Plugin chain presets can be loaded on any DAW as well as on MultiRack and eMotion ST
- Instant access to plugin parameters within each chain
- Intuitive MIDI control over all plugins
- Avid Control Surface support
DiGiGrid MGB Control Panel
- Clock settings: source, sample rate, type, status
- SMUX and Hi-Speed modes available for 96/88.2 kHz operation
- 56/64 channel operation modes
- Save and load presets of unit settings
- Save your settings along with your Waves and SoundGrid host application sessions
For further information on how to use the control panel, see the DiGiGrid MGB/MGO manual.
Introducing DiGiGrid MGB and MGO
Using DiGiGrid MGB for Virtual Playback on Linkin Park’s Hunting Party Tour